Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Presentations

I thought that the commercials were all pretty good. It seemed like all of them used humor in some way to appeal to people. The one that stuck out in my mind was the one for iBall. The product itself is pretty much worthless, but the way it was presented was really humorous and if the iBall had any value, I would buy it because of the commercial. The commercials were directed at high school students, and what the iBall would provide would be appealing to students. The examples of what it could be used for were presented in a funny way, but were somewhat valid. The hat emporium commercial was similar to this because it showed different uses for hats and had humor which both make the commercial more appealing and effective. 

1 comment:

Xander said...

Hey there Mei-Mei, I would have to completely agree with you here. I do think it was kind of interesting how everyone chose to use humor in their advertisements in order to attract attention as opposed to making up unheard of statistics and trying to appeal to a more logic-based audience (which, I'm not saying we as a class are). At any rate, I do like the concept of the iBall. Must say, there are certain times throughout the day when that product could definitely come in handy.

Cheers