Friday, February 15, 2008

More Presentations

A lot of people used stores as examples of rhetoric, but there were a lot of advertisements too. Mallory talked about how Victoria's Secret arranges their store to attract people. She also compared Gap Body to Victoria's Secret and the different messages they send and how they attract different people, which I thought was interesting. An advertisement that I thought was kind of weird was the beer ad with the pregnant woman. Yes, it was nonalcoholic, but I just thought it was kind of odd to try to attract pregnant women to drink even though it wasn't dangerous. I guess I would think pregnant women would be really interested other things instead of finding something to drink that was safe while they're pregnant. Who knows... I'm not them. Even though it was kind of weird, the shock of the picture catches people's attention.

No comments: