Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not very much progress...

I tried to do more research on different opinions on what should be done about the treatment of mentally ill patients. I found a lot of articles on how they are being mistreated including the issues of the death penalty and mentally ill inmates. I didn't really find any new information on why they should be treated better and everything I've found so far has said the same thing. Almost all of them have said that jails are not where mentally ill people should be receiving treatment even though most are. Most people say that they should be treated in hospitals. Even though most sources said that inmates are being treated poorly, I found one article that spoke about how mentally ill inmates are being treated better and one that told a story about an inmate getting court ordered treatment in a hospital. I have not yet been able to find sources for reasons that support inmates not being treated with better care.

No comments: