Sunday, September 9, 2007

Torture?

I've never really thought about my views on torture, but reading the article has made me think about it. He tries to persuade his audience that torture is not necessarily a bad thing by showing us different situations. He argues that he doesn't advocate for it to be used as punishment, but rather as a preventative measure. He says that torture is different and that it "is intended not to bring anyone back but to keep innocents from being dispatched." He makes some interesting points, but he has no factual evidence. The closest he gets to that is a poll of four people. I think overall torturing people isn't right, but as a way to prevent or save innocent lives would be more justifiable. If anyone important to me or I was in a dangerous situation, I would probably have little problem with using torture as a way to keep me safe.

No comments: