Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Joe's Desires

Joe wants human contact and to be able to communicate with other people. He doesn't want to be lonely. He also wants to get out of the hospital as an exhibit to show people what war can do. If I were him, I would want to get out too. I'm not sure I would want to make myself an exhibit. As much as I would want to show people the horrors of war, I wouldn't want people staring at me thinking and saying whatever they want. It would bother me that I would have no sense of how people were looking at me or what they were saying. The only thing I would be able to sense is if people were around, but nothing more than that. At the same time, the only other option would be to stay in the hospital and do nothing, which I would definitely not want. I think that getting out of the hospital would motivate me to get over my fears of people's reactions.

No comments: