Sunday, November 18, 2007

C.P. Ellis

I think his story does offer credible way of overcoming hatred and misunderstanding between races. The method told about uses communication between people of differences to solve dislikes and tensions. He says, "I didn't until I met a black person and talked with him, eyeball to eyeball, and met a Jewish person and talked to him, eyeball to eyeball. I found out they're people just like me." This shows that it is easy to hate a group of people, but more difficult to hate an individual person. By talking about issues between different races and religious, for example, people saw that there wasn't a great deal of different between them. This realization allowed them to discard their hostility towards each other. I think that this method to get rid of discrimination is possible, but difficult to achieve. In order for it to work, both sides would need to be committed to solving the problem. Although I think some would be willing, many would oppose. I think it is possible to use this method to help discrimination, but I don't think it would work to solve it completely on a large scale.

No comments: